The Small Business & Economic Development Task Force recognizes the contribution small businesses make to the economic and social culture of Long Island. The commonality of problems, concerns and challenges calls for attention to be given to those entrepreneurs and small business enterprises in our community. The Small Business Task Force will serve the business community as a catalyst for issues related to action, a voice to the government and its agencies and a forum for small businesses. The Task Force hopes to achieve greater recognition for that part of the business community, help increase sensitivity to the specific problems and concerns affecting small business and give broader recognition to their contributions and the effects on Long Island’s economic and social climate.
Small Business & Economic Development Task Force Initiatives:
- Showcase successful businesses on Long Island
- Remove barriers to doing business on Long Island
- Create incentives for start up businesses on Long Island
- Promote Long Island Farming Industry
- Educate businesses about available economic development programs
- Work to develop industries that create new technologies and more jobs
Check the monthly calendar for meeting or event date.