The Action Long Island (ALI) Corporate Wellness Challenge (CWC) is a FREE Wellness Program for the businesses and organizations of Long Island, put on by Action Long Island and the American Heart Association each year, in which companies compete against one-another to have the highest percentage of participation in each of the following categories:
- Individual Online Programs
- Company scheduled Action Long Island Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Implementation of Healthy Work Place Programs
Step 1: Registration
- Register your Company on the Action Long Island (ALI) website.
- Register at the American Heart Association (AHA) My Start! Online Company Registration Page.
- It is important that your company be registered on the AHA website to allow your employees to participate in individual online programs and to track your company’s progress
Step 2: Educate
- Schedule educational “Lunch & Learn” Seminars for employees by clicking here.
- Educate and motivate the employees through ALI and AHA’s PowerPoint Presentations which outlines their opportunities by participating in the ALI Wellness Challenge.
Step 3: Implement
- Implement as many Healthy Workplace Programs as possible.
- AHA “Fit-Friendly” programs are a good place to start to prepare you to become a “Fit-Friendly” Company!
- Encourage Employees to participate in AHA’s Individual Online Programs
The Challenge is based upon the points system detailed below:
- Individual Participation (3 Points)
- The company with the highest percentage of employee registration in the individual programs through American Heart Association will receive (2 Points)
The company with the highest number of “Steps per Person” will receive (1 Point)
- Group Participation (2 Points Available)
- The Company with that holds the most “Lunch & Learn” Seminars will receive (1 Point)
- The company with the highest percentage of participation in scheduled “Lunch & Learn” Seminars will receive (1 Point)
Company Participation (3 Points Available)
- The company with the highest level of PARTICIPATION in the individual online programs will receive (1 Point)
- The company with the most “Steps” logged on the American Heart Association MyStart! Online Program will receive (1 Point)
- The Company with the highest number of healthy work place programs implemented will receive (1 Point)
The company with most points wins!